Tuesday, December 14, 2010

thanksgiving...


Here we are...hosting our first Thanksgiving!!! We only had 16 people in our little townhouse, but we managed! It was such a honor to have our family over and for the first time in a long time, not have our Moms stuck with all of the work! I had nightmares about burning the turkey and everything going wrong, but thankfully, I have an amazing husband who never hesitated at all to help out and take charge.


My Grandma got me this amazingly adorable apron for my engagement party! There couldn't possibly be a better opportunity to wear it!
Here is a sample of what the decor looked like! Jen and I worked so hard putting things togther, we were exhausted before the party began! If you would like to see more go to www.ohbabyblush.com and check out the rest of the decor!

Jen an I have started a styling, event coordinating, event planning, etc. business and are so excited for what the future holds for us. We use every opportunity we have to be creative and to push ourselves. I love working with her and I am so proud of the team we make!

Thanksgiving is always a time of year that I reflect on what I am truly thankful for and remember all the wonderful blessings God have given us! We have a roof over our head, food on our plates, and two jobs that we both love...but most importantly we have eachother and we have love. We have an amazing family and we have remarkable friends that give us so much joy and support! We live in a country that offers us freedom and encourages us to be "something & someone"...but, most importantly we have a God that loves us unconditionally and sent His Son to die for our sins so that we can have the gift of eternal life, not on our own merit but by grace alone....and THAT is something to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment